Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Accountability

I am really good at starting things around the house but sometimes not as good at finishing them. Next week is Furlough Break- I refer to it this way because, being a grownup, Spring Break seems so last season and USU has issued a furlough for all employees over said Spring Break. Something about saving money and not having to eliminate positions. Anyway, Dr. HokieKev will be out of town for the first half of Furlough Break- at least we are assuming he will be out of town, somewhere, on the East Coast- which translates into it being a good time for me to get some stuff done. I find it much easier to get certain things done when Dr. HokieKev is out of town. I don't have to worry about fixing dinner or relocating misplaced items or picking up stray socks so I can focus on trying to finish the things I start. In an effort to actually finish the several things I have planned for Furlough Break, I figured I would post them on the interwebs because- as we all know- if they are on the interwebs, they have to get done. So here goes...

What I Will Accomplish Over Furlough Break

1. Match living room paint and touch up all the walls
2. Clean the kitchen really well
3. Hang the picture frames in the guest bedroom
4. Find or build a bedframe for guest bedroom #2
5. Clean the master bath really well
6. Install fancy shower head in downstairs bathroom
7. Find two brown, quilted euro shams for the master bedroom that do not cost $99.99 each
8. Figure out something to do with all the mail
9. Organize the laundry room/tv equipment room
10. Build a coat rack for the laundry room

#1 should not be too hard if I can convince the man at Sherwin Williams that I would rather have him match the paint color than purchase a gallon of paint from the man at Kwal's who talked to me like I was 5. I hate that.

#4 can't be that hard. Certainly, I can screw a piece of plywood to some wood blocks and turn it into a bed frame. Hopefully, the guy at Home Depot agrees. While I am at it, I can pick up supplies for #10. I took shop class in 6th grade- I have a drill.

The cleaning stuff- well, it is cleaning stuff. At least with Dr. HokieKev gone it will stay clean for a few days.

#7 will be the hardest I am sure. My boyfriend, Restoration Hardware, is currently running a sale on the shams that need my bed. The problem is they no longer have them in chocolate. Sheesh! Hopefully, a trip to HomeGoods can remedy the problem. Don't worry- Restoration Hardware knows its place in my heart (as does Dr. HokieKev).

So there you have it- my plans for Sunday- Thursday. Thursday we are going to Reno to the WAC Basketball Championship. Then Dr. HokieKev will be home- expecting dinner!

No comments: