Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Introducing Señor Chairlift

With Ice Butt sufficiently conquered, this past weekend I met a new foe- Señor Chairlift! Let's recap:

Take 1: Make it sufficiently off the lift and out of the way before falling
Take 2: Coast off the lift- no one is around to see
Take 3: Coast off the lift and around the corner before falling on my face
Take 4: Coast off the lift- no one is around to see
Take 5: Wait too long to put snowboard onto the snow, fall on butt immediately, whip head back and crack it on the ice. Chairlift Dude comes out to make sure I am not dead and still know my name. Dr. HokieKev laughs.
Take 6: Overcompensate by putting snowboard down too early, hold onto Señor Chairlift as not to fall to a certain death (okay...fall a foot, but still), almost recover before falling, fail to duck, get hit in the head with the chair. Chairlift Dude comes out to make sure I am okay. This time he tells me what I did wrong. Dr. HokieKev laughs.
Take 7- Snowboard down at the right time. SPLAT! Duck! Dr. HokieKev laughs.

On the plus side, I made it down the mountain 7 times in 3 hours. HUGE improvement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you are a glutton for punishment, but at least you are progressing. Love mommy