Monday, September 15, 2008

Are you Smarter than a High School Junior?

Sarah Palin isn't. All I am saying is that my high school kids knew what the Bush Doctrine was. They also knew the Monroe Doctrine and its equally as famous Roosevelt Corollary. On a good day, they may have been able to tell you the Truman and Eisenhower Doctrines.

Sure, high school juniors know alot about history that the average person may not know- especially the ones taking the AP classes. But I wouldn't exactly call someone who hopes to be the next VP of the USA an average person. I certainly don't expect her to know every foreign policy doctrine throughout history (although I probably should), but I do expect her to know the current administrations view...especially when it is her freaking party in power. SHEESH! I also expect her to pick it up quickly when Charlie Gibson does everything he can to bail her out even though I am sure she was FULLY prepped on the questions. Its not like her "people" weren't made well aware of the questions BEFORE the interview began. UGH!

To be fair, maybe they should ask Biden the same question. Even if he doesn't know the answer, I am sure he would do a better job of faking it. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree... even if she didn't know what it was before the interview (which is an issue in and of itself), she should have listened to her handlers when they told her which questions to expect, which I'm sure they did.